Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Dear Vytas..A Valentine's Day Letter

Dear Vytas,


Hello sweet blonde.  I've been thinking of you a lot lately. I look at your photo everyday and pray for you several times a day.  I know that you're being watched by the one and only heavenly Father.
Today, is Valentine's Day.  And as some would call it "Single Awareness day" or "Worst day ever" or whatever, no one really knows how you must be feeling on this special day.  It's actually no different than any other old day in the orphanage to you.  It's another day of feeling unloved, and sad.  It's another day of wondering if the nannies will bring you a photo and begin teaching you how to say "mama" and "papa" to loving parents coming to your rescue.  
It must be heartbreaking to see other children learn those things, then be busted out of the orphanage for good while you stay in your crib wondering when your time will come.

I know most people would think I'm totally insane to think inside of your shoes but you have feelings, and you know there is a missing piece to the puzzle of your life.  I know you do.  And I would give anything to give you love.  It's something I want so badly to do.  

Tonight I logged onto my Facebook page and saw that my mom had shared my puzzle fundraiser for you. I clicked on the link to see if anyone had donated and discovered my mom had donated $10 to buy two pieces to your puzzle! <3  It made my night to know she willing thought of you all on her own and wanted to give you love and show you kindness.

I know you don't know this know little Vytas but you are already so loved.  By this girl here in the US.
With that being said...I have just one question for you..

Will you be my Valentine sweet boy? 

Will you allow me to think of you on this special day with all that I do.   Baby boy, I truly believe in my heart that this will be the last Valentine's Day alone in the orphanage.  And I pray it will be so.  

Until your forever family comes, you're forever and always my Valentine Vytas! <3

I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Kaitlyn, That was a beautiful gesture of love! He reminds me so much of my little boy Ross. Ross was born with Down syndrome and he has taught us so many things about being a parent and patience. I wish I could go and bring him home to live with us. He would make a great edition to our little family. There is just no way financially we could provide for him at this point so for now I am praying that he finds others like us who wear their hearts on their sleeve and could bring this beautiful little boy home! Bless you Kaitlyn!

    Shawn

    ReplyDelete